The leading provider of food and beverage enterprise software solutions with over 1,200 customers. The companies product suite is designed to reduce costs, increase efficiency, streamline internal processes and assist in regulatory compliance through innovative, comprehensive and user-friendly solutions. They have a unique set of offerings that creates a strong competitive differentiation including ERP, warehouse management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, eBusiness/eCommerce, business intelligence, production and managed services.
This is a hands-on role that will manage the entire sales process, including prospecting, qualification, preparing & presenting sales presentations, responding to RFI and RFPs, coordinating product demonstrations, preparing quotes and proposals, and contract negotiations. With high revenue growth and over 1200 customers in the food industry, our client has a strong market presence that creates an exciting opportunity for the right individual.
Our Clients products are enterprise software solutions and experience with strategic selling of complex solutions and team-based selling is a requirement. Experience selling into the food industry and/or into SME customers is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and targeting potential customers/prospects in your territory
- Prospecting for new leads and opportunities (both in new customers and existing customers)
- Attending and working trade shows to generate new customers
- Handling inbound leads coming into the company within your territory
- Identifying the customer’s business requirements and product needs
- Qualifying the customer and fit with our solutions
- Creating the account strategy and competitive positioning
- Preparing and presenting sales presentations customized to the specific customer requirements
- Qualifying & identifying the requirements for a demonstration and conducting the demonstrations with the sales engineer
- Responding to RFI and RFPs, including coordinating and obtaining information from the various product managers, sales engineers, implementation managers and others within the company
- Preparing quotes and proposals, including identifying the customer’s budget expectations, determining appropriate discounts, and structuring the pricing to create a winning proposal
- Negotiating and completing the contract terms and paperwork
Knowledge and Skills
- Required experience with selling complex software solutions in a strategic selling process
- Required experience working in a team-based selling environment
- Prefer experience selling into the food industry and/or to distributors
- Prefer experience with selling to SME / mid-market organizations ($20M - $500M)
- Prefer experience with selling ERP, financial applications and/or WMS systems
- Experience working in private, fast-growing companies preferred
- Must possess broad and persuasive communication skills and be able to quickly shift gears to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a highly motivated individual with a high energy level, enthusiastic attitude and who can persuade others to follow their lead
- Bachelor’s degree required