The Junior Developer will be responsible for debugging, updating code, testing, and documenting any changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gathers information from the system, analyzes & debugs program
- Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation
- Supports Software application as part of development life cycle
- Ensures that documentation is created for system designs and modifications.
- Evaluates system application needs based on user requests
- Recommends system solutions
- Designs systems, modules, and/or approaches, and required enhancements
- Communicates with the requestor, as necessary, to clarify user requests
- Following established development life cycle to develop, test, and modify system software, utilities, and other application software by Coding, reviewing, preparing test data, testing, and debugging
Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a hectic environment
- Team player, contributes to a positive work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially with customers
- Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, and other PC applications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business requirements, system documentation, and technical procedures
- Secures relevant information, integrates data from different sources, and identifies possible causes of problems
- Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information
- Recognizes creative solutions and innovations
Degrees, Certificates and Experience
- knowledge of .Net development languages
- Distribution & accounting system experience a plus
- Miniimum of Associate’s degree in Computer Science, or related area, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- C++ language, Uniface, Transact-SQL or ORACLE PL/SQL language is a plus.