As a hands-on Senior Hosting Engineer you will play a key role in the Technical Operations organization while designing, building and maintaining innovative infrastructure solutions that support the 24x7needs of the company. This position is a forward-thinking, role in the architecture, design and delivery of client hosting systems including servers, storage/SAN, SQL clustering, middleware, virtual environments, networks, and the physical facilities that support the applications and business processes required by the client. Included in the focus areas is the critical evaluation and selection of the software and hardware components of the infrastructure. Best practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs and selected products. Senior Hosting Engineer is responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. In addition, this role concentrates on data center relocation be it a physical or virtual move.
- Must possess the initiative to resolve issues before they become critical.
- Proactive maintenance analysis and testing of client hosting environments.
- Managing project teams of vendor and internal personnel for systems implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and propensity for knowledge sharing.
- Supporting, designing & implementing systems across multiple domains.
- Lead identification and documentation of business and technical requirements
- Developing project work flow plans (scope) to meet client requirements
- Designing solutions to meet the clients’ complex IT technical requirements
- Must understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements for an enterprise business intelligence platform
- Analyzes performance statistics and performs required tuning and optimization of systems and applications
- Testing & Implementing IT technologies and solutions
- Training internally team members on complex technology and creating appropriate documentation
- Enforcing and improving our change-management processes to be compliant with our SSAE16 controls
- Supporting sales initiatives and meeting client SLA's
Skills / Requirements
Hands on experience with the following technologies
- Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare)
- Linux Operating Systems (CentOS, RedHat)
- Windows Operating Systems (Server 2003, 2008 & 2012)
- Microsoft SQL Server (DB Administration, Tuning & Management)
- SAN/Storage technology landscape (EMC/IBM/NetApp/HDS)
Degrees, Certificates and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
- 5-7 years IT operation with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- A minimum of 7 years of Project support/management experience developing data integration plans, engineering and managing hardware and software architectures and ensuring compatibility and optimal integration of multiple systems.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working with SQL, VMware, Hyper-V and SAN & disk configuration for SQL server.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with datacenter rationalization, consolidation, relocation, or migration.
- A minimum of five years of experience as a data architect involved in implementing company wide data policies and standards for systems implementation.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, on-call 24/7.